The Maroon Volunteer Center at Mississippi State University is a student-driven initiative that encourages and supports community involvement and volunteer service. The program was expanding exponentially and the administration needed to find a better way to manage the growth.
The Maroon Volunteer Center adopted OrgSync’s Service Management System, which has enabled them to:
- Offer more volunteer opportunities for students
- Improve marketing efforts to drive more students to volunteer
- Minimize the time spent processing paperwork
- Simplify the process of tracking volunteer sign-ups and participation data
- Make it easy for community partners to submit their opportunities online
Since implementing the Service Management System, the Maroon Volunteer Center has flourished. Service hours reportedly jumped by more than 50% during their first year of use, and they expect even more growth in 2013. Additionally, Mississippi State University was named a Presidential Award Finalist for the 2013 President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll program—one of only 14 schools recognized nationally.
Read the case study to learn more about the way MSU is fostering community involvement.
Learn more about Service Management.